US/Washington: Yamaha recalls an estimated 400 SRViper Snowmobiles with MPI Aftermarket Turbochargers due to risk of engine damage and consequential crash, fire and injury hazards. CPSC: http://ht.ly/gdEX308vq2C
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (“CPSC”) reports this recall involves certain Yamaha model year 2016 SR10 “SRViper” Snowmobiles that are equipped with a dealer-installed Mountain Performance Inc. (“MPI”) Turbo Kit sold by Yamaha, as follows:
- SRViper R-TX DX; model numbers: SR10RDGB, SR10RDGR; colors: blue, red/black
- SRViper R-TX SE; model numbers: SR10RSGL, SR10RSGR; colors: blue, red/white
- SRViper R-TX LE; model numbers: SR10RLGL, SR10RLGW; colors: blue, red/white
- SRViper L-TX DX; model numbers: SR10LDGB, SR10LDGR; colors: black/red, black
- SRViper L-TX SE; model numbers: SR10LSGL, SR10LSGR; colors: blue, red/white
- SRViper L-TX LE; model number: SR10LLGW; colors: blue, white/red
- SRViper S-TX DX 137; model number: SR10SD37GR; colors: black/red
- SRViper S-TX DX 146; model number: SR10SD46GB; color: black
- SRViper X-TX SE; model numbers: SR10XSGL, SR10XSGR; colors: blue, red/white
- SRViper X-TX LE; model numbers: SR10XLGL, SR10XLGW; colors: white/blue, white/red
- SRViper M-TX 141 SE; model numbers: SR10MS41GL, SR10MS41GR; colors: blue, red/white
- SRViper M-TX 153; model numbers: SR10M53GB, SR10M53GR; colors: black, red/white
- SRViper M-TX 153 SE; model numbers: SR10MS53GL, SR10MS53GR; colors: blue, red/white
- SRViper M-TX 153 LE; model numbers: SR10ML53GL, SR10ML53GW; colors: blue, white/red
- SRViper M-TX 162; model numbers: SR10M62GB, SR10M62GR; colors: black, red/black
- SRViper M-TX 162 SE; model numbers: SR10MS62GL, SR10MS62GR; colors: blue, red/white
- SRViper M-TX 162 LE; model numbers: SR10ML62GL, SR10ML62GW; colors: blue, white/red
The recalled Snowmobiles were sold in several colors as listed above. The model name is printed on the left and right side of the vehicle’s front cowling while the vehicle identification number (“VIN”) and the model number are stamped on the frame (tunnel) near the right foot-well. The letter “G” in the 10th position of the VIN number indicates that the unit was made in the 2016 model year and is subject to this recall.
Please consult the photograph above for details of the vehicle’s design and retail presentation. Additional images of the recalled Snowmobiles are pictured on the Web site above.
==> No barcodes, UPCs or other identification numbers were listed with this recall notification.
According to the CPSC, the turbocharger overboost can cause severe engine damage to the Snowmobile, posing crash, fire and injury hazards to the operator. The firm has received 40 reports of engine damage due to the turbocharge overboost. No injuries have been reported.
If you believe you have purchased or have in your possession any of the recalled Snowmobiles, please do not use them. Instead, kindly contact your local Yamaha dealer to schedule a free repair. Yamaha is also contacting all registered owners directly.
If you have any questions about this recall notification, please contact Yamaha at 1-800-962-7926. Alternatively, you can visit the company’s Web site at http://www.yamahamotorsports.com and click on the “CPSC Alerts” link for more information.
More information about this recall:
CPSC recall number: 17-727
Recalls Direct RIN: 8200-2017
Want to read more about this recall?
==> Please click on the links above to visit the originating site.
Want to read more about other recalls?
==> Please click on the links below.
More recalls? Back to the main Recalls Direct page:
About the Recalls Direct service:
Visit the Living Safely site:
Report an unsafe product you purchased in the United States [external: new window opens]:
Search for a recalled product on the US CPSC Web site [external: new window opens]:
We welcome your feedback:
Want to e-mail or share this recall?
==> Simply use the “Share this” options below.
Is this recall relevant to you? Please let us know!
==> Click on the “Like” button below.
E. & O. E.