Canada/Ottawa: Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. recalls an estimated 245,000 Top Load Washing Machines due to risk of washing machine lid detachment and consequential injury and property damage hazards. HCSC: http://ht.ly/ptEc3054ilI
Health Canada/Santé Canada (“HCSC”) reports this recall involves various models of Samsung manufactured Top Load washing machines.
The affected products can be identified by the model, UPC and serial numbers located on a label on the back of the product, near the top or right hand side. The washing machines are cUL certified with file number E199566, as follows:
- Samsung Washing Machine models manufactured between March 2011 and April 2016:
- Model number: WA5471ABP/XAA; serial number range: Y0L653AB100001 to Y0L654BH499999; UPC: 36725569249
- Model number: WA5451ANW/XAA; serial number range: Y0IX53AB100001 to Y0IX54BH499999; UPC: 36725560222
- Model number: WA5451ANP/XAA; serial number range: Y0IX53AB100001 to Y0IX54BH499999; UPC: 770332863207
- Model number: WA422PRHDWR/AA; serial number range: Y0IY5AAB100001 to Y0IY5ABH499999; UPC: 36725590397
- Model number: WA456DRHDSU/AA; serial number range: Y6BP5AAB100001 to Y6BP5ABH499999; UPC: 36725590502
- Model number: WA456DRHDWR/AA; serial number range: Y0IX5AAB100001 to Y0IX5ABH499999; UPC: 36725590458
- Model number: WA50F9A8DSP/A2; serial number range: Y7D15AAB100001 to Y7D15ABH499999; UPC: 887276018140
- Model number: WA45H7200AP/A2; serial number range: 0BHF5AAB100001 to 0BHF5ABH499999; UPC: 887276857947
- Model number: WA45H7200AW/A2; serial number range: 0BHG5AAB100001 to 0BHG5ABH499999; UPC: 887276857954
- Model number: WA45H7000AW/A2; serial number range: 0BHE5AAB100001 to 0BHE5ABH499999; UPC: 887276857930
- Model number: WA48J7770AW/A2; serial number range: 0E6G5AAB100001 to 0E6G5ABH499999; UPC: 887276095875
- Model number: WA52J8700AP/A2; serial number range: 0E6H5AAB100001 to 0E6H5ABH499999; UPC: 887276095882
- Model number: WA56H9000AP/A2; serial number range: 0BGJ5AAB100001 to 0BGJ5ABH499999; UPC: 887276963501
- Samsung Washing Machine model, manufactured between March 2011 and June 2016:
- Model number: WA40J3000AW/A2; serial number range: 0DLC5AAB100001 to 0DLC5ABH699999; UPC: 887276086989
- Kenmore Washing Machine models, manufactured by Samsung between March 2011 and April 2016:
- Model number: 592-29212; serial number range: Y7BK5AED200001 to Y7BK5AUGB00130 UPC: 887276012070
- Model number: 592-29222; serial number range: Y7BL5AED200001 to Y7BL5AUG600270 UPC: 887276012063
- Model number: 592-29227; serial number range: Y7BM5AED200001 to Y7BM5AUGB00140 UPC: 887276012131
- Model number: 592-29336; serial number range: 0C375AEF400001 to 0C375AUGB00090 UPC: 887276970455
Please consult the photograph above for details of the product’s packaging, design and retail presentation. Additional images of the recalled Washing Machines are pictured on the Web site above.
According to Health Canada, washing bedding, bulky or water-resistant items at certain settings may cause the machine to experience abnormal vibrations and the Washing Machine lid may suddenly detach during the spin cycle. If this defect occurs, it poses a risk of injury to consumers and property damage.
Health Canada has not received any consumer reports of incidents or injuries related to the use of these products in Canada. Samsung Electronics Canada Inc., however, has received 64 reports of the tops detaching in Canada with 11 reports of minor property damage, but no reports of injuries.
If you believe you have purchased or have in your possession any of the recalled Washing Machines, please do not use them. Instead, Samsung Electronics Canada is recommending that consumers with affected models should only use the lower speed Delicate Cycle when washing bedding, bulky or water-resistant materials. The lower spin speed in the Delicate Cycle lessens the risk of injuries or property damage. Samsung Electronics Canada also recommends consumers register below to be notified of a corrective repair.
Kenmore models manufactured by Samsung: http://pages.samsung.com/ca/toploadwasherremedy/English/kenmore.jsp
The affected Washing Machines were sold and manufactured between March 2011 and April 2016. Model Number WA40J3000AW/A2 was sold and manufactured between March 2011 and June 2016.
Please note: the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act prohibits recalled products from being redistributed, sold or even given away in Canada.
Want to read more about this recall? Please click on the links above to visit the originating site.
Want to read more about other recalls? Please click on the links below.
Additional information about this recall:
HCSC ID number: RA-60482
Recalls Direct RIN: 7703-2016
More recalls? Back to the main Recalls Direct page: http://www.RecallsDirect.com/
About the Recalls Direct service: http://wp.me/P2bVty-2
Visit the Living Safely site: http://www.LivingSafely.org/
E. & O. E.
==> Want to e-mail or share this recall? Simply use the “Share this” options below.
==> Is this recall relevant to you? Click on the “Like” button below.